Friday, December 7, 2012

No on Tobacco


NO SMOKING 

by Lilly J. D. 

Many Americans (and non-Americans) smoke every day. It's a nasty, unhealthy, disgusting, and gross habit. 
Smoking causes lung cancer, heart cancer, and other cancers. It is NOT HEALTHY. 
For those who don't care about their insides, well, smoking is also bad on the teeth, not to mention it makes your breath, hair, and clothes stink. 
Smoking limits the amount of public places you can go. It's a waste of money, and the tax is being raised. From a political point of view, you all know that the greedy government doesn't deserve your money, so why give it to them by buying cigarettes? 
I know smokers make the excuse of being "addicted" and not being able to quit, but honestly, they shouldn't've put that Godforsaken thing to their mouth in the first place. 
There are, of course, places where addicted people can get help, but no matter how good the treatment is, you won't be able to quit if you don't dedicate yourself. Even if you don't think it affects you, or you don't care, it affects millions around you. 
I'm not trying to preach here. I HAVE NEVER SMOKED and I never will. But I grew up around someone who did. They quit, and I know other people can too. You just have to dedicate yourself, for yourself and others. 
Like I said, I'm not lecturing. I just want everyone to be aware that- 1) smoking and secondhand smoke is an international issue we need to fix, 2) smoking is disgusting, and 3) there IS a way to get help. 

Thank you for reading, and I hope I've changed some people's smoke-filled lives with this. 
I doubt you can take me seriously, but I am serious and smoking is NOT COOL. 

-Lilly J. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment