Saturday, December 8, 2012

Catcher in the Rye

I have to write a Goddamn book report on The Catcher in the Rye, which is basically a novel where this seventeen year old whines about his depressing life. At the end, he's in some mental/therapy place, and he says he misses the crappy people he met, even though he didn't appreciate them then. I think he's an idiot. He called everyone a moron, but he was pretty moronic and ungrateful. His life did suck, but he complained too much. He also cursed a lot. 
I'm almost done with my report. Writing book reports is actually easy for me. I just don't like reading all that much. Sometimes it's fun, but Catcher in the Rye was so long and boring. 
If you want to read it, I'm NOT trying to discourage you at all. In fact, there were a lot of good things about the book. It taught a lesson: Don't be an ungrateful bastard. Another lesson is: Look at the bright side, even if your life is crap. 
The main character, Holden Caulfield, reminisced about his friends and acquaintances and the places he'd been and feels regret and depression. It's kind of a depressing book, but it's written well I guess. The characters are interesting, but I wouldn't advise you read it unless you're thirteen or maybe even fifteen because they use the F word and stuff. 
Sorry if I'm ruining the book for anyone. If you want to read it, then by God, don't let me stop you. I'm not trying to bad mouth it, although I personally thought it was stupid, and I'm not trying to ruin the plot for anyone. Also, if you've already read it and you liked it, feel free to call me a moronic ass who doesn't know good literature when she sees it. 
Although I didn't like it all that well, it was still okay and because it's a classic or something, you should read it just so you know the story line. Not that it'll ever help you in life, but it's still good to read. 
Anyway, the book report is almost done and the book wasn't all that bad, so you should try to read the book. 

Lilly J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment