Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Karma is a Bitch

Okay. If you've been reading my blog, which you probably haven't been, then you know I live with someone who smoked for 50 years. She quit a few years ago, which is wonderful, not just for her, but for the people around her who had to second hand smoke. 

Anyway, today, she had to wear an oxygen tank for her breathing problems. I know this is mean, but I was honestly laughing inside a little. I mean, come on! She smoked for 50 years!!! Besides her having coughing fits every day, I think life treated her kind considering she smoked for so long, but I think now she's finally get "pay-back" for it all. 

If she doesn't wear her oxygen tank before doing activities that could stress her body, she could die of a heart attack, the doctors say. Of course, I wasn't laughing because of that. Heart attacks aren't funny. But it was a little humorous to me that finally, finally her years of smoking are leading to some kind of punishment. Like I mentioned, she's been pretty healthy considering she smoked for so long, so in my opinion, she deserves this. 

Yes, I sound cruel, blah, blah, blah... But I'm not trying to be mean in anyway. I just think that she is getting what's coming to her, and it's about time. This should also be a warning sign if you smoke. Maybe you'll be lucky and only have minor coughing fits, or maybe you'll have to wear an oxygen tank. Maybe it'll be worse. Maybe you'll get lung cancer, or heart problems. To all those smokers, please try to quit. 

Anyway, this was probably a boring, meaningless blog post, but I just wanted people to remember that what goes around comes around. And if you've smoked for fifty some years, you're bound to have some lung problems. Again, I'm not trying to be mean, nor offend anyone. Smokers just need to be taught a lesson. 

-Lilly J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment